Beyblade Global Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts

3 posters

Go down

Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts Empty Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts

Post by Nero Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 am

Rather than having a single article consisting of information that must be agreed upon and protected by a small group of users, such as the format of Beyblade Wiki, I would like to propose a new system for keeping track of information about certain parts: A single, standing thread for each part where all thoughts, opinions, performance notes, test results, etc. will be posted.

This system, while different, has its upsides and downsides:

+ Allows readers to see the community's collective thoughts on the part, rather than reading a boiled down, "majority rules" summary of its performance and attributes.

+ Provides a more extensive, in-depth review of the part than can be contained in a summarized Wiki page, and reveals both sides of the discussion of the part as well.

+ Is much easier to keep up to date. While a Wiki page must go through several revizions and approval processes before being published, these threads can be updated quickly, so readers can get a current and accurate review of the part.

+ Allows readers to see how thoughts and opinions on a part change as time passes, giving them some insight into the development of the Beyblade metagame and where that part fits into it.

- May cause confusion for some readers, as players can have very different experiences with the same part and therefore give mixed reviews of it. With especially polarizing parts, it can be difficult for readers to determine whether a part is "good" or "bad" without trying it out for themselves.

- The lack of "peer review" on these types of threads means that anyone can contribute, meaning that in a sense this system sacrifices quality for quantity. Readers will need to be responsible for recognizing bias and credibility in each post in the topic.

This was just an idea that crossed my mind earlier tonight, so I decided to flesh it out some more and then post it here. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts Empty Re: Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts

Post by ClaraM Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 am

I actually love this idea and will be including it soon for each forum. I agree what the negative points though, do you think those could be avoided or at least controlled if the main post for each part has like a "notes" part on it at the end of the post itself which keeps track of certain ideas for a part that mostly everyone agrees on and can be tested and proven? (Example; Heavy is the most commonly used disk due to its diversity of use across all types of combo)

This should help people sort the bias from what's been tested, proven and is fact beyond any reasonable doubt.
ClaraM
ClaraM
Admin

https://beybladeglobal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts Empty Re: Proposal: Compiling information regarding Beyblade parts

Post by kneeohhhhh Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:42 am

After reading this, I can say this is a solid idea. I've always valued personal opinions of performance as opposed to reading one set article that only a few agree on.
kneeohhhhh
kneeohhhhh

https://www.instagram.com/kneeohhhhh/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down