Beyblade Global Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MFB Anime topic

4 posters

Go down

MFB Anime topic Empty MFB Anime topic

Post by ClaraM Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:35 am

Please discuss and share opinions and thoughts on the MFB anime here.
ClaraM
ClaraM
Admin

https://beybladeglobal.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MFB Anime topic Empty Re: MFB Anime topic

Post by meta madness Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:58 am

MFB has to much damn filler
meta madness
meta madness

Back to top Go down

Post by LOL-y Pop Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Metal Fight
Metal Fight/Metal Fusion - It's a decent series I guess. The structure is better than Bakuten's and the animation is a little smoother. It has some fairly decent characters like Kenta or Tsubasa and the dub is faithful. However, there are a chunk of problems (or just my nitpicks). The character designs are very bland and just blend in too much with the crowd (with a few exceptions), the character development is pretty bad as Ginga starts off really strong and his personality barely changes despite many obstacles. There is also no backstory or explaination to some characters like Reiji or Ryuga as we don't know the reasoning for them joining the Dark Nebula. Ryuga (whilst cool at first) is too OP and this concept becomes tiresome after a while.
Metal Fight Baku/Metal Masters - It's a World Championship plot which sounds like an awesome concept and it's executed... alright. At times the battles are cool with how competitive it feels but at the same time, it just doesn't feel like a championship to me anyway. The battles are also pretty repeptitive with too many explosions and stuff but I did like Damian's battles. The Starbreaker plot is pretty good as it tries to be it's own thing and it just feels creative (unlike V-Force). I like a lot of characters and teams here (except for Team Gracy, they were terrible) and I like that a lot of characters come back. However, Ryuga is back and his OP reputation is just as boring here and is quite pointless IMO (until the end). The character development is much better than before as we see some characters change such as Masamune who becomes more serious later on and is a lot more friendly to Ginga as oppose to him being bothersome before. I also think Yuu and Tsubasa have developed as they have formed a friendship and Yuu has made mature decisions such as refusing to take Tsubasa's place as he didn't want to get Tsubasa kicked out of the team when he was going insane. I really do like Masamune's motivation and backstory which led to why he wants to be the best and his friend Toby/Faust is pretty neat.
Metal Fight 4D/Metal Fury - Another series I groan at. The concept of having ten strong bladers known as the "Legend Bladers" sounds like a cool idea and sounds like we could be up for an awesome series. However, I was pretty disappointed. For how bland and boring the battles and special moves were, the Legend Bladers were soooo boring. Aguma, Dynamis and Chris were pretty boring characters with bland character designs (although at least they have a backstory and motovation). Here is a personal nitpick and preference of mine... why do the Legend Bladers have to dress like they are from the late 1800s? Just because they are Legend Bladers, doesn't mean they have to look Legendary. I understand that MFB is a fantasy-type series but when has anyone in the previous series dressed so old-fashioned? And it's not even done ironically. The story feels slightly rushed as they find the Legend Bladers a little too quickly and the episodes are made of of a giant chunk that revolves around battling Nemesis which is really boring as it drags for too long. Oh and Ryuga is still a boring OP character... Well, at least the animation is better.
Metal Fight Zero-G - It's a poor rehash of Metal Fight/Metal Fusion. The characters (whilst some are cool like Kira and Ren) just feel like rehashes of the Metal Fusion characters. I know they are a new generation but that doesn't mean EVERYONE has to be identical. The character designs are cool and even a tribute to the Bakuten Shoot characters. The story and settings just feel repetitive and empty as it always revolves around the Bey Park and the characters aren't very involved moving the story nowhere. Oh and the battles in the anime are SLOW... Zero-G was meant to be a fast series but it just feels so slow (even without Synchrome battles). That said, I do like the Doji-bot and seeing Team Gracy get their commeupance was satisfying.
LOL-y Pop
LOL-y Pop

Back to top Go down

Post by BeyGarland Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Wow, there isn't much i can add to these awesome reviews over here! So I'll just give my opinion.

MFB was a pretty interesting anime series for me at first sight. Because when I got back to Beyblade, after many years, I found out I missed a whole generation, that was MFB. Then I decided to watch the anime, and it was the first contact I had with Beyblade after all that time.

It was fun, very exaggerated tho, but still... After Metal Masters I was thinking I had enough of that dark fantasy stuff and wanted something more possible, or close to it.

The problem is really the main character, Gingka. He has nothing to do with a main character, since he doesn't show any development. I think Masamune would be a much better main character than Gingka. I have many, many problems with MFB anime series, but I enjoyed at the time I watched it, so I think it was a good "re introduction" to the Beyblade franchise.

Then Metal Fury was a pure deception with all that star fragment and evolving Beyblades situation going on. That was just too much for me to take and follow as a series. I stopped and came back some month later to finish what I had started.

I honestly didn't like the last two series of MFB era, 4D was too much as I pointed, and Zero G was (even more) empty than the other series. After that I decided to re watch the classic series and then Burst started, so MFB is my least favorite generation.
BeyGarland
BeyGarland
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuvnJD6Ofk2RyCHmnVCxNw

Back to top Go down

Post by meta madness Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 pm

BeyGarland wrote:The problem is really the main character, Gingka. He has nothing to do with a main character, since he doesn't show any development. I think Masamune would be a much better main character than Gingka. I have many, many problems with MFB anime series, but I enjoyed at the time I watched it, so I think it was a good "re introduction" to the Beyblade franchise.

As much as I felt that Masamune was an annoying turd. I do feel his development took to long and by the time he was a decent character, it was far to late to make him as good as he claimed to be the entire MM run. The entire bunch of MFB characters lack development, there's no argument there. With some exceptions such as Tsubasa who is possibly the most developed character in the series right next to Kenta.
meta madness
meta madness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down