Beyblade Global Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burst Deck Rotation Format

4 posters

Go down

Burst Deck Rotation Format Empty Burst Deck Rotation Format

Post by BeyGarland Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi, Bladers!

I'm starting this thread with a very simple proposal, we're going to support some tournament formats! YAY!

And we want something exciting and fun to play with. So I thought, how about a deck format? With this in mind I present you very simple and clean rules regarding the Burst Deck Rotation Format.

First Blader to reach 5 points wins.

- Spin Finish: 1 point
- Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
- Over Finish: 1 points
- Burst Finish: 2 points

- Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades hiden in a box or a case, referred to collectively as a "deck". There can be no repeated parts within a deck. This deck is kept hidden from the opposing Blader.

- Both Bladers attach their first Beyblade in secret; the match begins as normal.

- When a Blader loses a round, they have the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck. However, switching is not mandatory.

Here's the source of the idea, thanks to BeyBrad: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-Format-Idea-Deck-Rotation-System?highlight=Deck+rotation
And also thanks to Ingulit, from WBO for the idea: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-A-New-Experimental-Ruleset-Less-Guessing-More-Skill-Knowledge-Intensive

So, yeah. Pretty simple. And I gotta say, pretty fun! This is our first supported format for the Burst System!

Any comments or improvements you want to add, make yourselves at home and post like crazy over here! Very Happy

Last edited by BeyGarland on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total
BeyGarland
BeyGarland
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnuvnJD6Ofk2RyCHmnVCxNw

Back to top Go down

Burst Deck Rotation Format Empty Re: Burst Deck Rotation Format

Post by CookieBouquets Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Wow! Great Idea! Did you come up with this yourself?
CookieBouquets
CookieBouquets

Back to top Go down

Post by BeyGarland Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:13 pm

No, I saw this idea on WBO, and thought it would be nice to have it here. Smile
BeyGarland
BeyGarland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bey Brad Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Glad to know you like the idea of Deck Rotation. Smile We're working hard to get this running in ranked World Beyblade Organization matches.

Can I ask if you're going to talk about the format I came up with here — and also copy-and-paste my description of it — to link back to the original source?

Unfortunately I cannot add the link here myself since new members are forbidden for posting links for seven days.

Burst Deck Rotation Format RDlSkMM

Thanks!
Bey Brad
Bey Brad

http://worldbeyblade.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BeyGarland Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm

I updated the first post. Smile
Will do the same to the other generations. Smile
BeyGarland
BeyGarland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bey Brad Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks!
Bey Brad
Bey Brad

http://worldbeyblade.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BeyGarland Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:25 pm

No problem, Brad. Smile
Sorry I was in a rush to set up some other stuff that forgot to add the link. ^_^'
BeyGarland
BeyGarland
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:00 am

If you don’t mind, I would like to suggest some improvements to this format.

- Spin Finish: 1 point
- Stadium Miss/Contactless KO: 1 point
- Over Finish: 2 points
- Burst Finish: 2 points

I think that Over Finishes should count for two points, to encourage the use  of KO Attack types. As it stands now, KO Attack rarely see use because it is a high-risk, low-reward option. Raising the value of Over Finishes will incentivize players to use this style of Attack.

I would also advocate a change to 1 point Bursts, since nearly any type of combo is capable of Bursting its opponent at this point in the game. This would make players feel less “cheated” after losing a Deathscyther vs Deathscyther Stamina match by Burst, and also serve to incentivize KO Attack even more as Xtreme’s tendency to self-Burst makes it a less appealing option in a game where Bursts are worth 2 points.

- Each Blader comes to the stadium with 1 to 3 completed Beyblades hidden in a box or a case, referred to collectively as a "deck". There can be no repeated parts within a deck*. Before the battle begins, players must reveal their decks to their opponent and the judge.

I have to disagree with keeping the deck hidden from the opponent. Before each Blader selects which combo they will lead with, there should be a “presentation phase”, where the Bladers reveal their decks to the judge and their opponent. This is similar to the brief “team view” phase in competitive Pokemon battles. This will allow players to make more strategic decisions about their lead combo, as well as formulate a general strategy on how to use their deck to defeat their opponent’s deck. Without the presentation phase, the selection of the lead combo becomes just as luck-reliant as the current double-blind system.

Additionally, I am of the opinion that repeated parts should be allowed. Players are able to construct very different combos using duplicate parts: Valkyrie Triple Xtreme compared to Valkyrie Heavy Revolve comes to mind. In fact, I see using duplicate parts as more of a disadvantage for the player using them, as it limits the amount of opponents you have coverage against within your deck, as well as making you slightly easier to defeat since combos that use similar parts tend to have similar counters.

- After either Blader wins a round, both Bladers have the option to switch their Beyblade for another Beyblade in their deck. However, switching is not mandatory. These switches are to be performed in an educated double blind manner.

Having the winner locked into their combo is not only a bad idea from a strategic standpoint, but also because of the game progression it creates: it just encourages a cycle of rock-paper-scissors style counterpicking until one player makes it to five points. This essentially makes each consecutive combo choice functionally identical to the first choice, meaning that your choices later on in the battle are just as pivotal as your first one, and require the same degree of strategic thought. Allowing both players to change their combos after a round ends means that players will have to consider all of their options and the consequences of each choice, while also weighing the possibilities of what their opponent will do, similarly to how chess players can plan out their strategy many turns in advance based on predicting how their opponent will react to their moves.
Nero
Nero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down